Where to SubmitThe Same is currently on hiatus and not currently accepting submissions. If you have submitted work and have not heard from us, please feel free to submit to another publications. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- E-mail Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Submissions: The Same, 122 W. Pennsylvania Ave., Mount Union, PA 17066
- Submit 3-5 poems at a time.
- Lines/poem: 120 maximum.
- No previously published poems or simultaneous submissions without query.
- Prefer e-mail submissions in Word attachments. Cover letter is optional.
- For non-electronic submissions, include SASE if you want a snail mail response. If you don’t want your manuscript returned, you may omit the SASE if you provide an e-mail address.
- Query before submitting fiction and non-fiction.
- Submissions are read year round.
- Time between acceptance and publication can be up to 11 months.
- Comments are sometimes provided on rejected poems.
- Guidelines available for SASE, by e-mail, or on Web site. Responds within 4-6 months.
- Pays one contributor’s copy.
- Acquires first North American serial rights and online rights for up to 9 months; returns rights to author.
Please do not send new submissions until you have received editors’ decision on past submission.